Want to wow your guests? Whip up these spring rolls and take full credit for your restaurant-level appetizer game.
Simple and delicious
Seriously, do you know a better pairing than SIMPLE and DELICIOUS? Follow this shortcut to put peanuty goodness on the table in just 10 minutes.
• 1 EatingWell Thai Style Peanut Chicken frozen entrée
• Rice paper
• Hoisin sauce
• Peanut butter
• Crushed peanuts
1. Heat Thai Style Peanut Chicken entrée according to package directions.
2. While entrée is cooking, fill a shallow dish with warm water and soak rice paper for 20 seconds to soften.
3. Lay wrapper flat on plate. Spoon cooked entrée on top and wrap.
4. Repeat the process until entrée is gone.
Eating clean doesn’t mean giving up carbs. (Phew!) It just means choosing the right kinds of healthy carbs that are packed with fiber, nutrients and antioxidants.
The #1 rule: eat whole grains instead of refined grains and sugar. The cleanest whole grains are those that look the most like they did when harvested—think quinoa, brown rice and oats. But whole wheat pasta and whole grain bread are good options too. You just need to know what to watch for when you hit the grocery store.
• Bread: Look for brands containing no more than 200mg of sodium per slice and no sugars in the ingredient
• Pasta: Is whole grain or whole wheat flour the first ingredient on the label? Don’t confuse this with
Hey, we get it, you’re super busy. We are, too! But that doesn’t mean nutritious eating goals should be tossed out with last week’s rotten produce.
Want to know what a week of stress-free, healthy, ridiculously tasty lunches and dinners could look like? Read on. Prep takes 30 minutes or less on each and every option shown here.
• Lunch – EatingWell ...
Whether you have a gluten intolerance, celiac disease, or just a curiosity about the gluten-free lifestyle, here’s what you need to know.
What is gluten?
Found in wheat, barley, rye, and triticale (a cross between rye and wheat), gluten is a protein created when two sub-proteins combine with water. Gluten contributes to several characteristics in food, including structure, texture, and kneadability.
What am I missing if I go gluten-free?
Gluten contains nutrients that are key to a balanced diet, but you can find them in plenty of other foods:
• Calcium: Broccoli, milk, yogurt, cheese, collard greens, almonds, amaranth, teff
• Iron: Fish, meat, chicken, beans, nuts, seeds, eggs, amaranth, quinoa, teff
• Vitamin B: Eggs, milk, meat, fish, orange juice, beans, ...
OK, you love mac & cheese and you love pizza. Who doesn’t?! This combo is going to make your day…and make you wonder why you didn’t think of it yourself.
A cheesy match made in heaven
Take the fresh snap of broccoli and sharp, deliciousness of Vermont white cheddar and layer it over Alfredo sauce and mozzarella. This. Is. Amazing.
• 1 EatingWell Vermont Cheddar Mac & Cheese frozen entrée
• Pre-made full size pizza crust
• ¼ cup alfredo sauce
• ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• Fresh oregano
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook frozen entrée according to package directions.
3. While entrée is cooking, spread Alfredo sauce on pre-made pizza crust.
4. Spoon cooked Vermont ...
No matter how good your intentions may be, sticking to a nutritious meal plan can be tough. Shortcuts and temptations are EVERYWHERE! The solution? Weekend meal prep.
Don’t be intimidated by planning and prepping meals for a full week. Start with one or two new recipes to keep things interesting, and make sure your kitchen is stocked with ingredients for familiar dishes you already know how to cook. Tuck a few EatingWell frozen entrées in the freezer to fill gaps during the week, or take them to work so you can resist those greasy street tacos at lunchtime.
Break it down
On meal prep day, tackle the basics for both your new and ...
Our Korean Inspired Beef entrée is delicious on its own…but is it really fair to keep it all to yourself? Turn it into a fresh appetizer to share!
3 ingredients + 3 steps = yum
A simple conversion of this frozen entrée into lettuce wraps not only amps up the veggie factor, it also makes it shareable. Super easy, super tasty. Grab a friend and enjoy.
- 1 EatingWell Korean Inspired Beef frozen entrée
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- ½ cup scallions, finely chopped
- Cook Korean Inspired Beef frozen entrée according to package directions.
- While the entrée is cooking, break off lettuce leaves and rinse.
- Spoon Korean Inspired Beef ...
Whole grains are packed with nutrients, including fiber, protein, B vitamins, antioxidants, and trace minerals (iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium). A diet rich in whole grains has been shown to reduce the risk of chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, heart disease and some forms of cancer. Research also suggests that consuming fiber-rich foods might boost weight loss by helping you feel fuller after you eat.
But most of us eat only about half as much fiber as we should. Nutrition guidelines recommend 25 to 38 grams per day; the average American consumes only about 14 grams. It’s not hard to boost your fiber intake.
Introducing EatingWell frozen food hacks: start with one of our frozen entrées and add just a little extra something. So easy, so tasty. We’re gonna make you look good.
The easiest Cherry Port Pork sliders you’ll ever make
These delicious little sliders can serve as a main dish (we suggest Muffaletta Olive Salad on the side), or as appetizers to share.
• 1 EatingWell Cherry Port Pork frozen entrée
• 4 multigrain slider buns
• 1 jalapeño pepper (optional)
1. Heat the Cherry Port Pork frozen entrée according to package directions and stir to mix ingredients.
2. While the entrée is cooking, slice the slider buns in half ...
You hear it all the time: eat your greens. Usually this refers to dark leafy greens, but that doesn’t mean all the other green veggies in the garden should be ignored.
While those dark leafies do deserve accolades for helping to lower cholesterol, boost bone health and preserve your vision, don’t miss out on the benefits of good stuff like edamame (which can help maintain proper blood pressure) and zucchini (which helps keep your immune system healthy).
Most people don’t eat enough veggies in a day, so we load each and every one of our EatingWell frozen entrées with at least one full cup of them. Whether you prefer familiar flavors or adventurous cuisine, we’re making this easy for you! Here’s what you’...